Venice, man kills ex-girlfriend, then takes his own life. In April, he attempted to strangle her, and she reported him.
The victim, 39-year-old Tania Terrin, expressed her despair: "We've been to the police seven times."Per restare aggiornato entra nel nostro canale Whatsapp
He killed her on the evening of August 15th , strangling her in her apartment . Then he went to his own home and took his own life . Tania Terrin, 39, died Saturday evening at the hands of Dino Keber, 43, on her couch in Camponogara, in the province of Venice. Investigators are still reconstructing the various stages, but they have no doubts. The Carabinieri found her last night, after her mother had knocked on her door for a long time, even trying to call her on the phone without receiving an answer.
Meanwhile, a short distance away, in Dolo, his murderer was found hanged in his home.
Keber was known to law enforcement and had a specific criminal record, an attack on his partner in April, for which the Prosecutor's Office had opened proceedings for mistreatment and assault after she reported the incident. Regarding the severity of the attack, some sources describe it as a full-blown strangulation attempt: the woman lost consciousness, went to the hospital, and reported him. Certainly, the Venice Police Chief had issued a warning in June, a preventative measure used for various types of offenses, including behavior symptomatic of domestic violence.
After that April incident, she had texted her neighbors: "If this person comes, don't open the door," complete with a photo to clarify who she was talking about. It was on that occasion that she had opened up to some other female residents. "She said, 'I often find him outside,'" a neighbor recounts. However, no further incidents of violence had been reported since then, and recently, the victim had stated that she and her ex had met and spoken calmly. For this reason, it was difficult for investigators to imagine the outcome they faced last night.
Not for the victim's mother, Marinella Forner, who spent the night outside her daughter's house while investigators continued to come and go. The April attack was at least the third . " We've been to the Carabinieri seven or eight times . My daughter even filed a complaint against him. He was supposed to stay away from her, but then, at most, he'd come back after a month. I felt, as a mother, I feared that sooner or later something would happen," she says. "I ask the Carabinieri to tell the women who report it to pack their bags, leave everything behind—their home and their jobs—and disappear. Because there's no other way to protect a woman who reports her ex-partner who's harassing her."
(Unioneonline)
