Italy coach Roberto Mancini has summoned 53 players for an internship in Coverciano after the championship. A new start to re-establish the national team after the exclusion from the World Cup in Qatar.
The squad members have been divided into two groups and will sustain two training sessions. In detail, there are 29 Serie A players, 18 Serie B players and 6 those involved abroad .
The most represented club is Genoa just relegated to Serie B (6 elements), followed by Milan, Empoli and Cremonese (4). Two Cagliari players, Lovato and Bellanova.
The youngest of the squad is Udinese playmaker Simone Pafundi, born in 2006 (year of Italy's fourth world title), while the most experienced is the Empoli goalkeeper, former rossoblù, Guglielmo Vicario (1996).
Mancini has decided not to call the players involved in the Serie B playoffs - with the exception of
Lucca (Pisa), whose call is subject to the progress of the competition - in the Serie C playoffs and in the playoffs of the Primavera Championship as well as the young Roma who could
be called up for the Conference League final against Feyenoord scheduled for Wednesday 25 May in Tirana.
Here are all the players called by Mancini.
- Raoul Bellanova (Cagliari)
- Nicolò Cambiaghi (Pordenone)
- Marco Carnesecchi (Cremonese)
- Nicolò Casale (Verona)
- Giuseppe Caso (Cosenza)
- Alessandro Cortinovis (Reggina)
- Sebastiano Esposito (Basel)
- Denis Franchi (Paris Saint Germain)
- Matteo Gabbia (Milan)
- Federico Gatti (Frosinone)
- Matteo Lovato (Cagliari)
- Lorenzo Lucca (Pisa)
- Daniel Maldini (Milan)
- Filippo Melegoni (Genoa)
- Fabiano Parisi (Empoli)
- Giacomo Quagliata (Heracles Almelo)
- Filippo Ranocchia (Vicenza)
- Samuele Ricci (Turin)
- Nicolò Rovella (Genoa)
- Eddie Anthony Salcedo (Spezia)
- Riccardo Sottil (Fiorentina)
- Destiny Iyenoma Udogie (Udinese)
- Guglielmo Vicario (Empoli)
- Emanuel Vignato (Bologna)
- Kelvin Yeboah (Genoa)
- Nadir Zortea (Salerno
- In the second group there are: Tommaso Baldanzi (Empoli), Riccardo Calafiori (Genoa), Andrea Cambiaso (Genoa), Matteo Cancellieri (Verona), Lorenzo Colombo (Spal), Diego Coppola (Verona), Christian Dalle Mura (Pordenone), Sebastiano Desplanches (Milan), Salvatore Esposito (Spal), Nicolò Fagioli (Cremonese), Gianluca Gaetano (Cremonese), Wilfried Gnonto (Zurich), Jean Freddi Pascal Greco (Vicenza).
(Unioneonline / lf)